05 Jan Why You Should Know CA’s Gun Laws
Would you be surprised if we told you that California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the United States? Gun control is always a hot subject, and it is one that will never please 100% of the people. The best you can do is educate yourself on the current gun laws in California. Even if you are not a gun-owner, knowing these laws can still be of use to you for your safety and the safety of others. Here are some laws you should know:
- Background checks are required for anyone wishing to purchase a gun, which also includes a written test.
- Guns must be purchased through state-licensed dealers.
- The majority of assault weapons and .50 caliber rifles are illegal.
- A person may only purchase one handgun per month.
- There is a 10-day waiting period before a buyer can receive the gun.
- All guns must be micro-stamped, so when it is fired, a serial number attached to the gun and the owner is stamped onto the bullet and casing.
- There is a Gun Violence Restraining order that keeps weapons out of the hands of dangerous people.
- If a person believes a friend or family member is planning to use their gun improperly or to inflict harm, they can report this to the police who will then confiscate the guns and investigate the claim.
You see how even just knowing these laws can be helpful? There are many other laws that you can read up on as well.
If you ever need bail help, Fresno Bail Bond Store can help post the bail. We can be reached online or at 559-264-0603. Consultation with one of our skilled bail agents is always FREE, so ask any bail-related questions you may have. Ask about bail bond discount and cheap bail bonds we offer as well. We are always available and ready to help you 24/7. Call us anytime!