31 Oct Tips For Staying Safe On Halloween
Halloween is a lot of fun for many people, especially for kids. They love dressing up in their costumes and going trick or treating to get as much candy as possible. While trick or treating can be very fun, it is important to remember to stay safe. Here are a few tips on how you can do that this Halloween:
- Stay in groups. Children under the age of 12 should not trick or treat alone.
- Take a flashlight trick or treating to help you see, and to help others see you.
- Costume accessories such as knifes and swords should be soft and flexible to avoid injuries.
- Always look both ways before crossing the street, and try to cross at street corners.
- Walk on sidewalks when they are available, and stick to the far edge of the road when they aren’t.
- Never enter stranger’s homes, and never accept rides from strangers.
- Do not accept homemade treats.
- Only visit well-lit houses.
- Parents should examine all of their kids’ candy for any signs of tampering before the kids to eat it.
By following these Halloween trick or treat safety tips, you and your kids should be able to have a safe and fun Halloween this year.